The Cosumnes Community Services District offers rental park sites of various sizes for hosting personal, family, or company picnics, birthday parties, and small events. Sites are available for accommodating up to 500 people and have a wide range of outdoor amenities ranging from fixed grills to covered picnic tables depending on the site and park.
LOCATIONS AVAILABLE TO RENT
Derr-Okamoto Community Park
Derr-Okamoto Community Park features a jungle themed play area with spray ground, BMX/Skate elements, picnic areas with shade structures, a full basketball court, a soccer field, a jogging trail, adult fitness equipment, and restroom facilities.
Elk Grove Park
Elk Grove Park features many amenities and attractions. Located within the park is an aquatic center, youth center, Babe Ruth Baseball fields (lighted), softball fields (lighted), multipurpose fields, volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, disc golf course and a BMX Bike Park. Within the Youth Center is playground equipment for children to use.
Throughout the entire park are numerous rentable and non-rentable picnic sites with tables and barbeque pits. Parking spaces are located at the park in addition to a large dog park. In the center of the park is a lake with 2 islands. Strauss Island is rentable and home to the annual Strauss Festival. Pirate Island is the future site of the Pirate Island playground.
Morse Community Park
Morse Community Park contains a large play area with spray ground, large picnic area, full court basketball, Cal Ripken baseball fields, soccer field, dog park, jogging trail, labyrinth, adult fitness areas, bocce ball court, horseshoes, skate elements, open-grassed areas, restrooms, and a concession building.
Oasis Park contains a spray ground, a large shaded communal picnic area, two smaller shaded picnic areas, a lighted soccer field, tennis/pickleball courts, a dog park, walking paths, adult fitness areas, open-grass areas, and restrooms.
- Map of Oasis Park Picnic Sites (PDF)
- Site Photos & Description - coming soon!
HOW TO RENT A SITE
- Access our Online Picnic Rental Application Portal and complete a picnic rental application for the date and site you would like to rent.
- Online applications will be reviewed the following business day and processed in the order they are received. Permits are not valid until approved by District staff.
- Complete a Facility Rental Application Form (PDF) and submit via one of the following ways:
- Listing of Picnic Fees and Amenities (PDF)
- Cosumnes CSD Book of Fees (Picnic Rental Fees)
- Picnic Rental Rules, Regulations, and Frequently Asked Questions
- Picnic Reservation Hours: 7 - 7 pm
- Reservations are available March through October only, based upon availability.
- Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, a maximum of one year in advance of the reservation date.
- Site and park amenities are not guaranteed and are subject to repair and maintenance.
- Cosumnes CSD also offers the rental of outdoor sports fields and courts, tournament parks, and a gymnasium.
Special Event or Large Rentals
In general, if your event meets one or more of the following criteria, you may be required to complete a Special Event or Large Rental Application.
- Attendance is expected to exceed 499 people
- The event is advertised and open to the public
- Your event requires traffic/intersection control
- Parking needs exceed the capacity of the park
- You intend to sell, vend, or offer services for sale
- Your event is a tournament, parade, run/walk, carnival, or festival
- If you plan to sell alcohol
All Special Event or Large Event Rental Applications are accepted on a first-come first-serve basis, are reviewed within 48 hours, and will receive communication from a coordinator to discuss event details and next step. Events may not be advertised until a permit has been signed and paid for.
- Special or Large Event Rental Application (External)