Benefit Zone 1 - Laguna
Benefit Zone Information
Benefit Zone 1 – Laguna, benefits from 23 parks totaling 149 acres. It has more parks and park acres, than any other benefit zone in the Cosumnes CSD Park System. Laguna is fully built out with no additional parks planned.
The Laguna Benefit Zone includes 8 local parks, 12 neighborhood parks, and 3 community parks. In addition, there are 99 acres of streetscapes and trails, also the most in Cosumnes CSD's Park System. Many parks are linked by either off-street trails or on-street bike lanes.
Listed below are the projects staff anticipate completing in Fiscal Year 2022-2023. Projects are subject to change due to weather and/or unforeseen budgetary changes.
- Two multipurpose fields will go offline for renovation.
- Annual maintenance will be performed on the Bermuda grass multipurpose field at Laguna Community Park.
- Landscape bark will be applied to planter beds in areas where needed.
- Landscape renovations to replace missing or poor performing plants resulting in beautified community landscape areas as needed.
- Eight softball/baseball infields will be graded and leveled prior to the start of the spring season.
- Sidewalks will be repaired or replaced throughout the zone where lifts and/or cracks pose a potential safety hazard to pedestrians.
- Irrigation upgrades will be made at Kloss Park, the Elk Grove Creek Trail, and streetscape areas.
- A shade sail will be replaced at one of the parks if needed.
- PebbleFlex playground surface repairs will be completed at Colton Park.
- Playground Engineered Wood Fiber will be added to parks where needed to maintain a safe depth.
- The rubber playground surface at Pinkerton Park will be repaired.
Capital Improvement Projects
- Zehnder Park Restroom Roof Replacement project will be managed by the Park Planning Division, and will consist of removal and replacement of the roof above the restrooms
- Lichtenberger Park and Pedersen Park Revitalization projects will be managed by the Park Planning Division, and will consist of the replacement of playground equipment with the upgrade of a picnic area, restroom at Lichtenberger, and associated improvements.
Parks in Benefit Zone 1
- Batey Park
- Betschart Park
- Case Park
- Colton Park
- Davis Park
- Fite Park and Fite Park Extention
- Foulks Ranch Park
- Guttridge Park
- Herberger Park
- Kloss Park
- Laguna Community Park
- Laguna Greenbelt
- Lichtenberger Park
- Miwok Park
- Oneto Park
- Pederson Park
- Pinkerton Park
- Rose Park
- Wackman Park
- Womack Park
- Zehnder Park
- Zimbleman Park