Benefit Zone - District Wide
Benefit Zone Information
The District Wide Benefit Zone benefits the District as a whole, in addition to Bartholomew Sports Park, Camden Creek Greenbelt, Elk Grove Park, Elk Grove Nature Park, and Rau Park. These five parks total 210 acres and are packed with many high-use assets that are used by the public on a continual basis.
Expenses for parks in the District Wide Benefit Zone are shared by all Cosumnes CSD residents, rather than being placed solely on the Benefit Zone where the park is geographically located. Each of the other Benefit Zones (not including the overlay zones) carry the burden of these parks proportionally based on acreage.
Listed below are the projects staff anticipate completing in Fiscal Year 2023-2024. Projects are subject to change due to weather and/or unforeseen budgetary changes.
- Annual grooming of the synthetic turf fields at Bartholomew Sports Park will be performed.
- Ten softball/baseball infields at Bartholomew Sports Complex and Elk Grove Park will be graded and leveled prior to the start of the spring season.
- The multipurpose fields will go offline for renovation at Rau Park.
- Sections of the parking lots at the Big Horn corporation yard and Elk Grove Park will be resealed and restriped and annual road base maintenance will be performed.
- Landscape bark will be applied to planter beds in areas where needed.
- Landscape renovations to replace missing or poor performing plants resulting in beautified community landscape areas as needed.
- Annual maintenance will be performed on the irrigation wells and pumps at Elk Grove Park and Camden Creek Greenbelt.
- Irrigation radios will be upgraded.
- Wooden picnic tables will be renovated at Elk Grove Park.
- Two drinking fountains will be replaced at Elk Grove Park.
- A shade sail will be replaced at Bartholomew Sports Park.
- Posts and cables will be replaced at Elk Grove Park as needed.
- Sidewalks will be repaired or replaced throughout the Camden Creek Greenbelt where lifts and/or cracks pose a potential safety hazard to pedestrians.
- Decomposed granite walking paths will be filled and leveled throughout Elk Grove Park.
- PebbleFlex playground surface resealing will be completed Bartholomew Sports Complex.
- The poured in place (PIP) playground surfaces at Rau Park will be resealed.
- Playground Engineered Wood Fiber will be added to parks where needed to maintain a safe depth.