Message from the General Manager
"I am proud to support the great work that our staff do in the community. My family and I feel privileged to also live in the community and attend so many of the great events and activities both hosted by the District, but also by the abundant and amazing non-profit organizations.
I look forward to continuing to serve the community and ensuring our residents have well-maintained community spaces, copious recreation activities, and quick-responding, well trained fire suppression and emergency medical services.
I am deeply honored to serve the District and appreciate the District Board of Directors for their support and confidence in me."
About the General Manager
Joshua Green has served the Cosumnes Community Services District since 2017. In April 2019, the Board of Directors unanimously voted to appoint him as General Manager, the Chief Executive Officer of the District.
Joshua is a collaborative leader who demonstrates dependability and integrity to create results. He has a successful history of being a tactful organizer of sustainable systems that provide for strategic positive, substantial and purposeful growth benefiting individuals, organizations, and communities.
Prior to Cosumnes CSD, Joshua worked for the City of Portland, Oregon for over 17 years, serving in numerous roles. As the Central Services & Asset Systems Manager he was responsible for prioritization and implementation of improvement, compliance, repair, and preventative maintenance for over $506 million in assets. He also served as the Recreation Strategies & Initiatives Manager where he was responsible for implementing multi-agency initiatives requiring the ability to rapidly build proofs of concept and use analytic-based products to direct standardization of programs, events, and marketing.
Joshua lives in Elk Grove with his wife Jessica, and his two daughters. He volunteers as an Assistant Head Basketball Coach with Elk Grove Unified School District at Cosumnes Oaks High School.
- Elk Grove Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors; Vice-Chair 2020
- Rotary Club of Laguna Sunrise, Member
- Sacramento County Children’s Coalition, Appointed Member
- National Eagle Scout Association, Member
- International City/County Management Association, Member
- California Park & Recreation Society, Member
- California Special Districts Association, Member
- California Association of Recreation and Parks Districts, Member
- Amateur Athletic Union, Member/Coach
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Member
- National Parks & Recreation Association, Member
- Elk Grove Historical Society, Member