Adaptive & Inclusive Recreation
RECREATION ADVENTURES (RAD) PROGRAM
Cosumnes CSD provides adapted and inclusive recreation with the Recreation ADventures (RAD) program. This program provides recreation opportunities for people with disabilities through both adaptive and inclusive recreation programs.
Participants are encouraged to explore programs in a safe and fun environment while learning a new skill, improving their physical fitness, and making new friends along the way.
Cosumnes CSD is always looking to improve programs and services offered. Complete the RAD Needs Assessment.
Cosumnes CSD encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities in all of our programs. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Cosumnes CSD wants to ensure that all individuals have access to our programs.
If you or a family member needs reasonable accommodations to participate, please follow the steps below. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on an individual basis. Each participant will be assessed by our Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist and modifications will be made when needed.
Steps to Request Inclusion Services
- Read the Inclusion Services FAQ’s.
- Register for the recreation program of your choice.
- Complete the Accommodation Request Form to request adaptive and inclusion services.
If you have questions about RAD or accommodations for other programs, contact us at 916-405-5600 or by email.
ADAPTIVE & INCLUSIVE PROGRAMS
Saturday, May 11, 2024
Fridays every other month, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Wackford Complex, Ballroom
Enjoy the latest hits and greatest classics with a night of social interaction, dancing, and FUN! Don’t forget to dress on theme!
RAD Yoga (Ages 18+)
Relax the mind while increasing flexibility, strength, and balance in this rejuvenating stretch class. This class is designed for of all abilities who are looking for a safe and supportive place to experience the multiple benefits of yoga.
RAD Zumba (Ages 18+)
Come learn different dance movements and basic choreography in this high energy class through structured and free movement exercises.
RAD Swim Class (Ages 18+)
Get an total body workout for all levels and abilities with movements that increase heartrate. Class will be conducted in the pool with a maximum depth of 4.5 ft.
RAD Fitness Class (Ages 18+)
Reach that new goal and increase your strength, flexibility, endurance, accountability and build friendships.
RAD Striders (Ages 18+) - FREE
Fridays, 11 am - 12 pm
Elk Grove Park
Come enjoy the fresh air and nature as we improve fitness and get our steps in for the day!
RAD Fun Fridays (Ages 13+)
Individuals with all abilities can enjoy the teen center for games, movies, crafts, and so much more! Fun Fridays provide a safe and supportive night of fun and social interaction for all participants.
RAD Kids Discovery (Ages 5-11)
An after school discovery class for kids with disabilities to enjoy a variety or recreational experiences including games, arts and crafts, physical activity, outdoor and sensory play. This is an introduction class for children with disabilities to discover their personal interests with higher staff ratio.
RAD Kids Swim (Ages 3-10)
Please refer to our swim lessons page for information.
RAD Punch Pass
With a RAD Punch Pass, you can attend 10 RAD classes of your choice for only $40. Plus, a T-shirt is included with every Punch Pass purchase (while supplies last)! Register in-person at the Wackford Complex.
Join us as a volunteer! Submit a RAD Volunteer Application and we will get in touch with you soon.
PARKS FOR ALL ABILITIES
Play Structures* (Tactile Features)
- Amundson Park (map)
- Backer Park (map)
- Baker Park (map) (Enclosed Play Area)
- Batey Park (map)
- Betschart Park (map)
- Buscher Park (map)
- Case Park (map)
- Castello Park (map)
- Davis Park (map)
- Derr-Okamoto Park (map) - Also featured: Sprayground/Waterplay
- Fales Park (map)
- Foulks Park (map)
- George Park (map) - Also featured: Sprayground/Waterplay and Sand Play
- Horseshoe Park (map) - Also featured: Sprayground/Waterplay
- Island Park (map)
- Jordan Family Park (map) (Partially Enclosed Play Area)
- Kammerer Park (map) - Also featured: Sprayground/Waterplay
- Karamanos Park (map)
- Kloss Park (Music Panels) (map) - Also featured: Sprayground/Waterplay, Sand Play and a Wheelchair Swing
- Kunsting Family Park (map) - Also featured: Sprayground/Waterplay
- Lawrence Park (map)
- Miwok Park (map)
- Morse Community Park (map) - Also featured: Sprayground/Waterplay
- Nottoli Park (map) - Also featured: Sprayground/Waterplay
- Oasis Park (map) - Also featured: Sprayground/Waterplay
- Porto Park (map)
- Singh and Kaur Park (map)
- Smedberg Park (map)
- Stephenson Family Park (map) - Also featured: Sprayground/Waterplay
- Van Doren Park (map)
- Wright Park (map) - Also featured: Sprayground/Waterplay
- Youth Center Playground @ Elk Grove Park (map) (Enclosed Play Area)
*These are not the only playgrounds and parks within Cosumnes CSD, just RAD’s top choices for all abilities.